An anionic neutral syntan based on nitrogen containing resin (melamine syntan) for retannage of all types of chrome leathers.
Typical Analysis :
- Chemical Type : Nitrogen containing resin
- Concentration : 90%
- pH 10% of solution : 9.5
- Solubility : Readily soluble in water
- Appearance : Pale brown free flowing powder
- POPTAN FR6 is a spray dried, pale brown , free flowing anionic neutral syntan based on nitrogen containing resin ( melamine syntan)
- POPTAN FR6 precipitates under acid conditions and this precipitate, in combination with colloidal and other softening agents, has a selective filling action which improves the more open structured areas of the leather.
- POPTAN FR6 when used as a Retannage for neutralized chrome stock results in a leather with a full fell, a tight flexible grain and uniform softness .
- A tight and flat grain ideally suited to level dyeing and fatliquoring.
- Improved richness and fullness which it is required most.
- Excellent surface for past drying and subsequent buffing.
- Produces uniformly soft leather without additional fatliquoring .
- For the production of softy full grain , corrected grain upper leather and nubuck , 2-5% is recommended.
- For the mild, filling retannage of all types of chrome leather, where fullness and suppleness are desired, 2-5% is recommended .
Present no problem under normal storage conditions and has an indefinite shelf life . Some caking may occur if the product is stored in damp ,warm conditions , but this does not detract from the efficiency of the product