POPTAN CSN is a combination of basic chromium salts and a lightfast white tanning agent. The product can be used as selftanning agent or as pretanning and retanning agent in vegetable and chrome tannage. It imparts to the leather a particularly soft handle and a tight grain.
Analytical Data :
- Concentration : 88-90%
- Chromium Oxide : 12%
- pH of 10% solution : 4.0
- Appearance : Pale green powder readily soluble in water.
- Poptan CSN is primarily used for the production of leathers with mellowness and supple grain without altering the chrome. leather character.
- The use of Poptan CSN retains fineness and tightness of grain and prepares the leather for level dyeing.
- It is preferable to use Poptan CSN in powder form, 4-8% Poptan CSN may be used depending on the type of leather.
- Poptan CSN is recommended for neutralizing and retanning of chrome leathers. It also has complex forming and buffering properties.
- For the tannage of low chrome wet blue to improve uptake, 1%-2% is recommended.
- For the retannage of chromed stock, sides, skins or splits for clothing and gloving, 2%-6% is recommended.
- When used as retanning agent for E.I. tanned goat skins, it imparts an extremely soft handle and fills up the leather without unduly loading the gain.
- When used alone it yields white leathers of good fullness and highly resilient handle.